The government of the Punjab continuously seeks innovative solutions that can help improving student learning outcomes for public school students. The School Education Department has been working closely with PITB to develop, test and implement e-Learning solutions for public schools.
Ed-Tech solutions, including tablets for teachers, LEDs in classrooms, tablets for students, tablet-based smart-labs, and e-learning systems have been tested. Implementations have been done in 250 classrooms - impacting 10,000 students, and hundreds of teachers.
The results have helped improving our e-Learning content, develop monitoring systems to track usage and plan for large-scale rollout. The government of the Punjab intends to leverage e-Learning content across public schools in a phased implementation.
Below are the listed achievements
- PCTB textbooks for grades 6 through 10 have been digitised and augmented with thousands of interactive multimedia components
- Topic-based video lectures have been recorded with the help of experienced instructors in local languages
- Terrain-viable classroom technology solutions have been developed so that multimedia content can be used in class
- Detailed lesson plans, including relevant multimedia components, formative assessment modules, and class room activity lists have been developed for certain grades
- Free, online content is available via the e-Learn Punjab website, and offline content has also been developed for parents and students