On 18th July, 2016, TechHubConnect conducted a focus group roping in incubators, accelerators and startup cofounders. The purpose was to understand the challenges faced by them and come up with comprehensive policy suggestions. Key themes that were discussed during the focus group were:
- Understanding the major challenges faced by Incubators and Accelerators in Pakistan.
- Development of networks and partnerships between incubators/accelerators to develop standardized practices
- Establishment of linkages between Universities and Incubators/Accelerators • Exploring the possibility of developing specialized subject-specific incubators/accelerators
- Ensuring quality of infrastructural, legal and counselling services provided by the incubators and accelerators.
- Possible support that can be provided by the government to maximize the potential of the incubators/accelerators
- Exploring the possibility of global partnerships between incubators and encouraging international incubators to set up centers in Pakistan.
The session was moderated by Nabeel A. Qadeer, Director Entrepreneurship Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) & Sarah Tariq Gilani, Program Manager TechHub Connect, and was attended by representatives from major incubators, accelerators, venture capital firms as well as startups who have graduated through incubation and acceleration programs. The discussion was also attended by Mr. Jonas Eichhorst, CEO Silicon Straits (Singapore), who has a rich interaction with incubator and accelerator programs across the globe. View pictures
|Date:||July 18, 2016|